Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fun Sensory Bowl

Hello!


Have you guys seen these??

They are Water Balls that you buy as a vase filler for flowers.  They are balls of water that are slimy and rubbery if you will. 
The purpose of them is to put them in a vase with flowers as a "self" watering system plus they look gorgeous.

However...I have boys and boys like slimy things.
So really they are more slippery then slimy but they feel slimy sans the slime..
does that make sense?


According to the packaging they are described as such:
A type of water absorbent polymer that absorbs, stores and releases water. They are non-toxic, completely biodegradable and environmentally safe.


There you go!  So with that said...throw them in a bowl and let your kid run their hands through them.


Here's my youngest...he couldn't get over how they felt..he kept asking me "what are these?" lol :)

If your kids are having a rough day, are bored, or it's a rainy day, OR they're simply driving you nuts....break these out and let them play with them.
I bought mine at the Dollar Tree for $1.00

It's a great sensory activity..it's soothing and relaxing to run your fingers through them....even for Mom's!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.