Monday, February 6, 2012

All Natural Banana Sorbet

Good Morning!


Ok Ladies...if you like banana's, and eating healthy then is recipe is for you!

Banana Sorbet..the easiest desert on the planet!  
All you need is:
BANANA'S!!!


I used 6 banana's...4 large and two small...cause that's what I had.
Peel and slice.


I put some Wax Paper on a cookie sheet and put the banana's on the cookie sheet in a single layer.

Now pop them in the freezer for about 2 hours.  You want them to be totally frozen.
I did this in the morning and then left them in there until later in the day when I had time to finish.

Next put them in a food processor..I used my Ninja..


Not this kind of Ninja...although it would be nice to have one handy LOL :)


This Ninja...this thing is Ah-mazing!! LOVE IT :)

Now..when you are puree-ing the banana's...at first it will look like a lot of crumbs...
Scrape down the sides and keep blending...soon it will turn into creamy heavenly goodness!

(I had to steal this pic from google cause I ate all the sorbet before I could take a pic..sorry)

Serve right away or put it in a container in the freezer.

It is so DELISH!

My husband and kids loved it...and it's so easy, all natural, quick, and healthy.

So as I'm sitting on the couch eating it...my husband starts talking about all the things you can put on it...you know to make it not healthy and natural any more LOL :)

But it got my wheels turning...You could put Caramel Sauce on top, maybe with some nuts...or Chocolate Sauce.

Any who, I like it just the way it is, but I am tempted to try some Caramel Sauce on it..YUMMERS!

So here's a recap:

6 Ripe Banana's 
Sliced on a cookie sheet
Placed in freezer until frozen at least 2 hours
Put in Food Processor
Dished into a bowl
Slip into heavenly bliss

This will easily serve 4 people.
 
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, this would make a fantastic summertime snack! I'm not a big fan of bananas, but my son is, and he'd love this! Have you tried with other fruits?

    www.onedogwoof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I haven't tried it with other fruits however, if you used banana's as your base then I'm certain you could add other fruits to it. I think chopped Strawberries would be good in it :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.