Thursday, December 22, 2011

Candy Cane Hearts

Candy Cane Hearts


Aren't these adorable??
A beautiful tasty treat for all ages!

What you will need to make these cuties:
Chocolate Chips (Milk, Dark, White, Semi Sweet..what ev)
Mini Candy Canes
Peppermint Extract


First things first...spray a cookie sheet lightly with some cooking spray..
then put a piece of Wax Paper on top of the cookie sheet.
The cooking spray helps keep the Wax Paper in place.

Now unwrap the Mini Candy Canes and put them onto your cookie sheet using two candy canes to make a heart.

Reserve a few and put them in a baggie and hit them with a spoon to crush them up into little tiny bits.


Melt your Chocolate and add about 1/2 Teaspoon-3/4 Teaspoon of Peppermint Extract.
You can add a tablespoon of Oil to the Chocolate to make it more pourable.
NOW..I first tried to spoon the chocolate into the hearts..they looked ugly...soooooo
I put the melted Chocolate in a pastry bag and squeezed the chocolate inside the hearts and it worked perfectly..to each her own...use what technique works best for you :)

After filling all your hearts with Chocolatey Goodness...sprinkle your crush candy cane on top.


Put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and let the chocolate set...I'd say to be safe..30 minutes-an hour.
I put them on one of my red plates as shown above..the plan was to put my Homemade Peppermint Bark in the middle there :)

These are definitely a crowd pleaser, their cute, decorative, fun to eat and tasty to boot!

Happy Holidays 
and 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.