Friday, September 23, 2011

Ready for a middle school flashback?

How to fold a note...the middle school way
Back before Facebook, Cell Phones, Text Messaging and Email..
We wrote notes!

Buuwahahahahhaa! 
These notes bring back so many memories for me...our school was really big on these little bad boys, and I must have written and folded thousands of these in my day.

I got to thinking about all my friends growing up, and I feel really lucky that I am still so connected with some of my favorite friends over the years.  Facebook is a fabulous thing, I love talking with old friends!

I had a girlfriend over the other day, we've been friends since 3rd grade and we got to talking about these notes..she still has all of hers! I can't wait to read all the drama infested stuff I felt was important in my middle school years..buuuawhahahahaha..or maybe I don't wanna remember!

So let's get started shall we?

Step 1: Write your drama infested note, professing who you love that week, which one of your friends you hate today but will be friends with tomorrow..you know..the usual stuff :)

Step 2: Fold over the Right Corner

Step 3: Fold over Right side again so that you now have this shape

Step 4: Flip over..QUICK HIDE YOUR NOTE..the teachers coming!

Step 5: Fold up bottom portion like so..I'd say about a 1/3 of the way up

Step 6: Fold the bottom up again

Step 7: Fold that little Triangle piece up and under the fold there.

DONE!


Now have fun with the doodling :)  

Awww man..good times!

Having a 6th grader of my own really brings back memories...It's so weird to watch him engage with his friends, I swear it was just yesterday that I was that very same age...ugh, time flies!

Have a great weekend and Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. bawahahah - so awesome! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post it brings back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didnt realize kids still fold like this.. gosh its been 30 yrs since i tried this.. and i just had to fold a piece of paper.. lolol yr never to old to rember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an average note passer these days, I needed a way to fold the notes. I sent my crush a note folded this way. He was blown away by my little poem and the amazing folding. It took him a while to figure out how to open it. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you posted this! I just wrote my husband a silly note and decided to fold it like this but couldn't quite remember! Thank you for the flashback and tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the nostalgia!thank you for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems silly, but I had forgotten how to fold these, been so long, and I wanted to write a cute little note for my husband on his day out with the kids. We do that sometimes, but I didn't want to just fold it like a letter or write it on a list paper. I got a real kick out of folding my little love note to my husband.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.