Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Origami Paper Bookmark

Origami Paper Bookmark


Here is a tutorial on how to make this VERY simple corner bookmark out of paper.  
They are so much fun and this is easy for kids to make too :)

The one above I made to look like The Angry Bird...isn't it cute!?


Close up of the bird...cause the birds the word


Here's the back...or it could be the front..totally up to you....10 points if you can guess which book this is!

Ok here's how you can make your very own book mark.
I took step by step photos, so let's get started shall we..


You will need a square piece of paper...this one is 6x6..the bird was 7x7
You can make this as big or small as your little heart desires..however I suggest starting with a big piece of paper the first time just so it's easier to fold till you get the hang of it.


Fold the paper in half to form a triangle...


Now take the right corner and fold it up to the center point of the triangle..and the left corner and fold it up so that now you have a square..


Unfold the last step..now take the top part of the triangle and fold down to the center...leaving the back side alone.


Now take the right side and fold it up behind the white piece..and then do the same for the left side...
Still with me?  See in the right orange piece?  The rest of it is tucked behind the white triangle.


Now that you have both sides tucked in you are all done!


Slip the page in there and your good to go. 
This can be the front or....


This can be the front...up to you..to each his own.


Yup..I'm a goober, totally spelled my blog name wrong..it's one of those days lol!

You can decorate with stickers, jot down notes from your book, reminders, decorate with markers...
the list goes on and on.

Have fun with your bookmarks, get your creativity on!

Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. I love that you love this so much!! Thank you :) These are super fun to make...I could make them all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would get a kick out having an angry bird bookmark. My husband reads a lot and I think he would even secretly love having an angry bird bookmark. haha! Thanks for the tutorial. I am definitely going to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joshua would love the angry bird. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, especially for the Angry Birds movie fans. www.buy-custom-essay.org/blog/help-on-writing-a-research-paper.html I love such easy and practical things for kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. paper heart

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.