Friday, August 19, 2011

Upcycled Kids Cape

Kid's Cape


Look at my handsome little Super Hero!

All I used for this project was a T-Shirt and a pair of scissors..that's it!

Here are the steps I took, and keep in mind this only took a couple of minutes..so EASY!
Ok first I laid the T-Shirt down flat on a table
I then cut both sleeves off the shirt
Then I cut up the side of the shirt on both sides
Last I cut the rest of the front of the shirt off, leaving a couple inches below the neck line.


This picture is all business...he is a Superhero after all :)  but in this pic you can see how much I left under the neckline in the front.  This way he can just pull it on and off his head with ease.


BAM..BANG..BOOM..I can fly!


I'd say this little Superhero LOVES his new cape!
I couldn't be happier with the results, it's totally awesome!
Clearly he's having a great time, cause I can't get him to hold still for a good pic lol :)  Always a good sign!


And..he's off to rescue a princess.....

If you have any questions about this project please feel free to ask, I'd love to help you out :)

You could take this a step further and add some lightening bolts on the back with Duct Tape like this...


Ok, don't laugh at my horrible little Lightening Bolts!  
LOL..ok you can laugh cause I'm laughing with you :)

I will be painting some nice ones on soon, along with the name "Action Jackson"

Thanks guys for visiting my blog, have a wonderful day!
Till next time :)

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm in the process of making a cape for my daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! A girl cape would be fun to make :) Capes are so much fun, it totally brings out the creative play in kids :) In this case my boys were fighting and driving each other crazy, so I just grabbed an old T-shirt and said "Hey Jackson, do you want a cape?" He was stoked, and ran off and did his own thing, and there was finally peace in my house...granted it only lasted about 15 minutes, but well worth it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want my own cape...I need my own cape. A cape and a push up bra, and I could leap tall buildings. Lol mommy needs sleep. Hope u r having a good weekend. Adorable little man u have there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUWAHAHAHAHAHA! Mindie you totally crack me up! I love it! I want a pink cape!! Wouldn't that be fun to have a party and let everyone make their own capes?? OMG, I totally want to do that! Thanks for the compliment on my little boy, he's a handful, but a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole I am having a long week, up all night with Lucas high fever even after Tylenol and ibuprofen, he's going to urgent care when he wakes up.
    I wanted to let you know Joshua and I made feather earrings, going to try and sell them at a craft fair attending in Oct.
    I also have a post that I will be sharing either this week or next that is a spin off of your guest gumball tutorial. Can't wait to share it with you, and of course you are mentioned in my post. Ok, I think the little one is waking up, so I need to get dressed and out of my robe, hey, at least it's my white silky sexy one, not my big brown fluffy, look like a bear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I hope Lucas feels better today, I'm so sorry you have to go through that, poor little guy :(
    Awesome on the feather earrings! I'm hoping I can get to at least two craft fairs this year, they are so hard to find, but that's wear I make all my money. How much are you going to sell your's for? People say I don't charge enough...
    OMG, I can't wait to see what you made (gumball spinoff)...so exciting!
    Have a good day, and I hope things get way better today, praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I can't believe how simple that is to make! What an awesome idea! Off to raid my husband's closet for old shirts. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rachel! Seriously, so easy and fun! If you have a t-shirt with an image that you like on it, then use the front of the shirt for the cape, instead of the plain back. I have other easy T-Shirt crafts too, you should go check them out :) Thanks for stopping by, have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.