Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Duct Tape Lanyard

Duct Tape Lanyard


So last night I was just sitting here looking at my new Duct Tape that I got this week...So exciting!..
and I came up with this idea...A Duct Tape Lanyard!

These are awesome..I must say.  First of all they are great for Mom's..period, but just think about when you go to the park or on a walk, now you can just use your lanyard to hook your keys too.  

These would also make GREAT Teacher Appreciation Gifts :)


This is my new Duct Tape I found..Yay!!! I love finding new Duct Tapes...now that Duct Tape Crafts have become more popular they come out with new colors all the time.
I LOVE DUCT TAPE!

Let's get started...here's what I did:
First off I cut a piece of Duct Tape about 3 feet long. 
I laid it out on my counter so it could stay nice and flat.

Then, as seen in the photo above, I folded one side of the duct tape towards the middle..all the way down.
Work in small sections and go slow so you don't wrinkle up the tape. I like to start in the middle, and work my way to the right, then go back and fold the left side.

I've been working with Duct Tape for years now, so for me it's easy, but if this is your first time, go extra slow, cause once the two sticky sides touch, there is no pulling it back apart if you mess up.


Now fold the other side towards the middle overlapping the first piece just a hair..you don't want any sticky showing.
Now you should have a one 3 foot long strip with no sticky showing at all


Get out your Lanyard findings


Now make a loop (you can put it around your neck if that would be easier) and put the two ends thru your circle piece.  Make sure they are the sides with the crease down the middle of the tape.


Fold the pieces over the circle..and tape them to the straps.  I made sure my piece of tape was long enough to wrap around to the other side a little bit (2in x 1in strip of tape)

Then flipped it over and put another 2in x 1in strip of tape across.


Now add the little hook piece to the circle..honestly I don't know the technical term for them, but you get the idea right? LOL :)


And you are done!
Cute huh!? I mean the Lanyard..not me LOL..i'm totally in my jammies.

This is very very easy..hopefully I haven't complicated it in my tutorial.  As I've said before if you have any questions always feel free to contact me, and I will help you out :)

There are so many new colors, and patterns of Duct Tape out there now, you can really customize this for any one, boy/girl, young/old, you name it.

They are waterproof, smooth, light weight, and very comfortable.

Enjoy Everyone!
Have a super duper fabulous day :)

*These do not have a safety latch, so make and/or use at your own risk. 

35 comments:

  1. I love this!!! So cute and very practical!! Great idea for Seniors in Assisted Living who need to carry their room keys with them...think I'll make one for my Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to admit, I really love this too. It was so fun and easy to make and it's a practical craft. I agree it would be fabulous for someone in Assisted Living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! It would also be cool if you did like mini photos covered with clear duct tape or a school logo! Awesome! And I bet they will wear really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duct tape has come a long way! Those are cute.
    Hey you just won a major award lol, check it out.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/sweet-blog-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww you love me lol :) I'm so honored Mindie, thank you so much!! I'm so glad that you found me, cause you are so awesome and you make blogging that much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am goint to feature this and your belt on friday monrning. Thanks again nicole for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! You are so good to me, thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this. I just made one and your instructions were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good! Thank you so much!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get the pattern of duct tape that you used for this project?? SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light pink with white polka dots? Try Target, Wal-mart or Michaels Craft Store :) It's been out for a while now, but everyone still sells it. I love it too :)

      Delete
  11. How comfortable are these? They are extremely cute, but I wonder if I'd want to have that around my neck for more than just a few minutes at a time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think they are really comfortable. Of course everybody's comfort level is different, but Duct Tape is very smooth and light weight, also water proof, so they work great for most people :)

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love it! I made one for my boyfriend and he loved it so much. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT! Planning to make these with my Girl Scout troop of Brownies to hold all their SWAPs on. Cannot wait to see how they turn out and the girls respond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! That is a great idea! These lanyards can be used for so many things. Camera Straps, or Bathroom passes in the classroom are a couple off the top of my head. I hope they turned out well, and the kids love them :)

      Delete
  14. My daughter is an RN, we are from Alabama, and I just bought 2 rolls of hounds tooth duct tape. I guess most of the nurses in her ER will be wearing these! I love it. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love the Hounds tooth! It's one of my favs :) You can make special holiday ones too, that's always fun for the staff. Thanks for your comment, have a great day, and have fun with that Duct Tape!

      Delete
  15. I love these! I do have a concern though. Duct tape is very strong and if it were to catch on something you could get a neck injury. I recommend a safety release clasp or Velcro fastener at the back of the neck for safety. I wanna make some!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems to me you could add a safety catch or Velcro-type closure very easily using the method you used for putting the cicle & hook on the loop. Instead of looping, you'd just need to attach 1 part of the safety device of choice to each end of the strip. Once this is done, close the safety closure to create the loop. Put the "lanyard hardware" on at the end of the loop opposite the safety closure. I haven't tried this. It just occurred to me while reading, that this could work & add a measure of safety & peace of mind to some.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blog is very informative it contains lot of information about different types of printed Lanyard.
    Lanyard

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was soooo cute!!! I made it for school, and I LOVE it! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can never fold a straight line, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Amazing craft ideas with duct tape!
    SHaring some great duct tape wallet ideas
    http://ideas4diy.com/duct-tape-wallet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome idea.
    I could use this in my next lanyard project.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lanyards have been a mainstay of the promotional products and corporate merchandise industries for many years now. Custom lanyards not only had the benefit of being extremely useful, but they are also very inexpensive which makes them the ideal giveaway. Ezy Lanyards have a range of promotional lanyards, from leather-look lanyards through to sublimation lanyards to suit your business and the brand style you are aiming for.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel like this website because it’s very helpful to know about many things.คาสิโนเว็บตรง.คาสิโน.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.