Thursday, June 23, 2011

Button Hair Band

Button Elastic Hair Band


Ok..Ok..I know what you're thinking..Enough with the buttons Nicole!

But I love them...they're so bright, and fun, and..and..ok I promise this will be the last button project for a while...maybe :)

I suppose I should've brushed my hair before taking this pic lol...but what's cuter than a messy ponytail and one of these hair bands...so cute!

So for these, I used my trusty glue gun, some elastic and buttons...of course :)



I first measured the elastic by wrapping it around my head to get the right measurement. Then I hot glued it together, overlapping by about an inch.

Then I glued on buttons with my glue gun.  Done...It was that fast, and I love them.  Fun for all ages!


This one I just added one huge button...it's way cuter in person..I know I always say that, but it's so hard to take a pic of yourself wearing something on your own head....just say'n


Here are the two I made.  I had a couple extra hair clips from a previous project, so I glued some buttons on them too.  

I don't know, I just had fun with this.  It was quick, and I enjoyed making color combination's.  I've made others in the past where I have added Rosettes, those are cute too.  Here's a pic....


Clearly you could hot glue just about anything on the elastic..so go have fun with it.  Start gluing some fun stuff and get creative!

Have a great day!

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love it and want one too :)

    I have been searching for button projects for awhile now, and this one is going into the favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ones with the rosettes. How did you make them? (Oh and the bright colors are awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Casey! I made some Rosettes and just hot glued them onto the elastic..so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and simple! I found you at Thrifty Thursday, and I'm a new follower.

    http://www.meldreamsoften.com/p/linky-parties.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa! Thank you for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weee!!! So adorable!! But does hot glue gun last? I mean will it make the elastic fall apart easily??.... Thankiu! -lia

    ReplyDelete
  7. They can be kept for a activity time after the admittance of any medical perfumes. However, the disadvantage of these bogus ones is that they do not acquire that admirable accustomed aroma like the accustomed flowers.

    hair band wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the BlogLovin Blog Hop! You have a TON of great ideas! Loving what I see so far! New BlogLovin and GFC follower! www.dwellonjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sarah! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.